If you have installed Internet Download Manager (IDM) on your laptop but the IDM download popup is not appearing in Opera, you need to install the IDM extension in Opera.
In this post, we will guide you on how to add IDM with Opera web browser on Windows 11/10/7/8.
How to Install IDM Extension to Opera
There are two methods to add IDM to Opera. The first method uses the IDMGCExt.crx file to integrate the Internet Download Manager Extension in the Opera browser. The second method is to use the IDM integration module opera or IDM extension opera.
Before starting, ensure that you enable “Use advanced browser integration” and tick mark on Opera in Internet Download Manager Options > General.
Method 1: Using IDMGCExt.crx File to Integrate IDM in Opera
- Open Opera web browser Extension Page by clicking on the Opera icon on the top left corner and selecting the “Extensions” option or use the shortcut key “ctrl+shift+E”.
- Open Windows File Explorer and go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager, Find IDMGCExt.crx file in this folder.
- Drag and drop the “IDMGCExt.crx” file in the Opera extension tab.
- Click on “Install” and then on “Yes, install”.
- Customize the options as per your preferences.
Method 2: Add IDM Extension in Opera using Chrome Web Store Link
- Open the Opera web browser and visit this web page. Click here and install the “Install Chrome Extensions” add-on to Opera.
- Once the add-on is successfully installed, you can use Chrome extensions on Opera because Opera is a Chrome-based browser.
- Visit the Opera IDM extension page and install the “IDM Integration Module” add-on to Opera.
IDM is an acronym for Internet Download Manager. It is a software tool for downloading files from the internet at a faster speed.
Yes, you can add IDM to your Opera browser using IDM CC or IDM Integration Module.
Yes, IDM supports downloading any type of file, including videos, music, images, and documents.
The benefits of using IDM Addon with Opera include faster download speeds, resume and schedule support, and downloading from various file-sharing sites.
Yes, IDM works with all versions of Opera.
Yes, you can uninstall the IDM extension from Opera by going to the browser’s extensions page and clicking on the remove button next to the IDM extension.
You can download the IDM CC File for Opera from the IDMCrack.xyz website.
Simply add the IDM addon/extension to the Opera browser to download YouTube Videos using IDM ‘Video Download’ feature.
We hope this guide has helped you successfully integrate the IDM extension in Opera.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.